Position: Music Director/Pianist Classification: Part Time; No Benefits Location: Lewis Chapel Missionary Baptist Church- North Manna Campus Spring Lake, NC
The Music Director/Pianist will provide congregational music for worship service at Lewis Chapel North Manna Campus each Sunday at 11:00 a.m.
Qualifications: High School Diploma: preference given to candidate with an earned bachelor’s degree in music, music education, or related field. Candidate should have at least 3 years experience working in music ministry leadership as a choir director and/or pianist; ability to teach vocal parts effectively; experience with the administration and organization of worship/music ministry; knowledge/experience with African American Baptist worship and the Christian Calendar Year.
- Select appropriate choir music that aligns with the worship culture of Lewis Chapel Baptist Church North services or seasons of the Christian Calendar Year
- Preferred candidate should have the ability to play music representative of the genres used in worship at Lewis Chapel Missionary Baptist Church: hymns, traditional gospel, praise and worship, contemporary gospel, and other styles.
- Lead the congregation and choir in music during worship services.
- The ability to select and direct music theologically and artistically appropriate for corporate worship services.
- Be prompt, prepared self-starter is required
- Reports directly to the Minister of Music of Lewis Chapel Baptist Church, Inc.
- Notify Minister of Music a minimum of 2 weeks prior to absences
- Candidate must agree to appropriate background checks
- Required to attend all Worship and Arts Team Meetings convened by the Minister of Music.